Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Pine Valley

My mom, Nathan, & I recently attended my cousin Rob's wedding at the Pine Valley Chapel. If you have never been to Pine Valley to see this cute chapel I highly recommend it. It was built in 1848 and is one of the oldest in use (that is, people still attend meetings there) chapels in the US. Interestingly, they built the roof top from the bottom of a ship. The same paintings that were there when it was first built are still inside the chapel. Which at first, for me, was shocking because usually you do not see pictures or paintings inside a chapel nowadays. I encourage everyone to go to the historic Pine Valley chapel!

4 comments:

Kurtis and Iva said...

Look at you, you little historian! It really is a cute chapel.

Boo and Sara said...

That would be a cool place to get married. I am sure the wedding was very pretty. I didn't realize there was so much history up there in Pine Valley.

B and B Slack said...

Hi Lydia...I am not sure how I stumble across your blog but thought I'd say hi. I haven't seen you in a while. Hows life?

Megan said...

Oh the Piney Valley chapel, bless its sweet lil heart.